This month, our roundup of favorite board game design links includes advice for designing game systems, co-ops and family games, notes on getting into distribution, thoughts on when to throw in the towel, and more.
- The Process: Cutthroat Caverns by Curt Covert
- Meaningful Decisions: Doug Levandowski on Design Choices in Gothic Doctor
- Advice for designing a game system that will support many possible games
- Advice for balancing your game (audio)
- Three designers of cooperative games answer questions about co-op design
Cardboard Edison is supported by our patrons on Patreon.
SENIOR INVENTORS: Steven Cole, John du Bois, Richard Durham, Peter C. Hayward, Chris and Kathy Keane (The Drs. Keane), Matthew O’Malley, Isaias Vallejo
JUNIOR INVENTORS: Ryan Abrams, Luis Lara, Behrooz Shahriari, Aidan Short, Jay Treat
ASSOCIATES: Robert Booth, Doug Levandowski, Aaron Lim, Nathan Miller, Marcel Perro, Matt Wolfe
APPRENTICES: Kevin Brusky, Kiva Fecteau, Scott Gottreu, Michael Gray, JR Honeycutt, Scott Martel Jr., Mike Mullins, Marcus Ross, Sean Rumble, Diane Sauer