Our roundup of excellent board game design links and tips this month includes the conclusion of our series on licensing contract terms, reminders about seeking publishing partners, advice from a titan in the industry, and more...
- “Don’t just seek a license. Seek a great partner for you and your game.” - Grant Rodiek
- Experiences from pitching to 16 publishers at Essen
- Richard Garfield on early and late playtesting, making a good design great, the "complexity budget" and more
- What to do about a broken game mechanic?
- “Don’t be afraid to give up on an idea if it isn’t working. You can always come back to it later or put it into another game. Don’t try to force a game together. It won’t be fun.” - Jonathan Bouthilet
- What it takes to get a game into a mainstream retailer
- Ways to save money on manufacturing: box size, card count and punchboards
Cardboard Edison is supported by our patrons on Patreon.
SENIOR INVENTORS: Steven Cole, John du Bois, Richard Durham, Matthew O’Malley, Isaias Vallejo
JUNIOR INVENTORS: Stephen B Davies, Luis Lara, Behrooz Shahriari, Aidan Short, Jay Treat
ASSOCIATES: Robert Booth, Doug Levandowski, Aaron Lim, Nathan Miller, Marcel Perro
APPRENTICES: Gino Brancazio, Kevin Brusky, Keith Burgun, Kiva Fecteau, Scott Gottreu, JR Honeycutt, Brad Price, Marcus Ross, Diane Sauer