Our favorite links for board game designers this month include fresh looks at some age-old mechanisms, a new tool for publishers, a reminder about building a foundation of knowledge and lots more:
- Different ways to implement simultaneous play
- Why a working knowledge of probability is important to game designers
- A look at roll-and-move games. Can the mechanic be used well?
- “Want to build a sense of drama into your game? Keep this quote in mind: ‘Drama is anticipation mingled with uncertainty.’ - William Archer” - Brett Myers (@brettspiel)
- KickTotal.com lets you crunch the numbers on running a board game Kickstarter campaign
- How to effectively research other Kickstarter projects
- Chris Kirkman of Dice Hate Me Games on working with designers, running Kickstarter campaigns, graphic design, the manufacturing process and more