Once a month, we put together a list featuring the board game design posts that we found the most useful.
October was a slow month overall, but there were still plenty of excellent tips and resources to be found. Here are our favorites:
- A 17-step guide to getting your game published
- A warning for new game designers: Why your actions are more important than your intentions
- Reaffirm your motif: Do one thing and do it well
- “Save all your bad ideas. Sometimes tiny good ideas are hidden inside them. They add up.” – Stephen Glenn (@spielfriek)
- A simple exercise to inspire creative thinking about your components
- “You need to be able to be honest with yourself. You need to be able to take a knife, axe, or even explosives to your game to make it better.” - Chevee Dodd (@cheveedodd)