This month we have an abbreviated roundup of board game design links and lessons. The final week of the month has been taken up by tending to the newest member of Cardboard Edison, our new baby girl Hana May Zinsli! Once our family has settled in, we’ll be back to work gathering the best tips and resources for designers from around the web…
- How do you know when good is good enough?
- “Set deadlines for your projects and stick to them. Deadlines sharpen the mind and hasten decisions you’ve already really made.” - Grant Rodiek
- 10 insightful playtest questions
- The Ludology podcast discusses numerous aspects of playtesting with Gil Hova
- “When you can look at the needs of the market and not just your own personal tastes, your games go much further.” - Kevin Wilson
- “When the Kickstarter marketplace tells you that your project isn’t interesting, you should believe them. This is so much better than printing a game and then figuring out that you can’t sell it!” - James Ernest
Sign up to receive the Cardboard Edison newsletter, including monthly roundups of board game design tips and resources.