The new year is off to a great start. In addition to a pair of guest posts on the Cardboard Edison blog, we found a bunch of useful tips and resources for board game designers all over the web:
- The Matthew Effect—It’s Like the Runaway-Leader Problem, Only Worse
- A Game Designer’s Guide to Gaming Conventions
- Finding and serving your game’s core engagement: What do players do in this game?
- A reminder about not overwhelming players with too many new concepts
- What makes a good expansion
- “All early designs are awful. Resist the urge to shelve it forever. Also listen to where the game wants to go.”–Rob Daviau (@robdaviaugamer)