Every month, we round up our favorite tips and resources for aspiring board game designers to create a monthly best-of list.
Here are our picks for August 2012:
- “How Do I Get a Game Published?” in 17 tweets, by John Kovalic
- Uwe Rosenberg discusses self-publishing, making good game expansions, the worker-placement mechanism and more
- Wolfgang Kramer on changes in the board game industry, originality in game design and more
- “Focus is the key to move from someone with a great game idea to a game designer with a great game.” – Jesse Catron
- “Have dreams. Have courage to follow these dreams. Do your games. You don’t need to have big budget. You don’t need to have 20 people crew. You don’t need anything except passion and will to fight. Fight for your success. It is at your fingertips.” – Ignacy Trzewiczek