Our monthly roundup of board game design links includes discussions of tactics and strategy, betrayal, how to price a game, an extensive look at modular boards and lots more.
- The differences between tactical, short-term choices and strategic, long-term decisions, and the intersection between them
- Some basic economic principles to help you tune your design
- Betrayal: how it can occur in games and how to encourage or discourage it
- Writing flavor text: Advice from Grant Rodiek and Mark Rosewater
- Some questions to consider asking blind playtesters
- “If you are a designer, and you find a guy who can break your game in a matter of minutes, you hang on to that person for dear life.” - Gil Hova (@ingredientx)