This month’s roundup of board game design links features data on Kickstarter trends, advice for finding a publisher and a reminder about loving your designs. Plus, the first installments in our series of reports on licensing contracts and our new series of publisher interviews.
- Signing a Game: Board Game Licensing Contracts - Part 1: Pre-Publication Terms
- Signing a Game: Board Game Licensing Contracts - Part 2: Post-Publication Terms
- The Publishers: Q&A With Chris Kirkman of Dice Hate Me Games
- The Meeple Syrup vidcast discusses licensing contract terms with David Short and Cardboard Edison
- Tips for building relationships with publishers and getting published through the back door
- Adventures in pitching—lessons learned from a year of shopping a design to potential publishers
- “If your own designs aren’t among your very favorite games, then you might need to work harder to design games you like.” - Alf Seegert
- “The goal of playtesting is to make it suck a little less each time.” - Ben Begeal
Cardboard Edison Omnibus is supported by our patrons on Patreon.
- SENIOR INVENTORS: Steven Cole, Richard Durham, Jeff Johnston, Matthew O’Malley, Isaias Vallejo
- JUNIOR INVENTORS: Stephen B Davies, Luis Lara, Behrooz Shahriari, Aidan Short, Jay Treat
- ASSOCIATES: Zachery Cook, Doug Levandowski, Nathan Miller, Marcel Perro
- APPRENTICE: Brad Price