For our monthly roundups of board game design links, we pick out the ones we’ve found the most useful.
Here are our picks for last month:
- Guidelines for good game design, from Reddit users
- Tips for creating a scoring system
- How to make games for everyone–some things that turn off non-gamers
- “In the end, game design comes down to discipline. We all need inspiration, but the best designers are those who can focus that inspiration and push their minds beyond the easy answers to find innovation in an already-innovative field.” - Jeffrey D. Allers
- How to be a good playtester (and get the most from yours)
- “It isn’t so important that YOUR assertions and theories on your design are correct. Much more that the game is fun.” - Grant Rodiek