This month our list of top links for board game designers includes a new Meaningful Decisions interview, a wide-ranging panel by indie designers and publishers, great inspirational quotes and more.
- Independent board game designers and publishers discuss a variety of topics at Unpub Protospiel San Jose
- In-depth advice for pitching to a publisher: preparation and presentation
- Board Games Insider offers advice for pitching to publishers
- Time management tips for board game designers
- “Don’t be afraid of failure, instead run at it and find what you can learn from failure.” - Daryl Andrews
- “It’s important to not only play a lot of games, but to play a different assortment of games. Even ones you may not like. Each game you play is an opportunity to learn something new.” - Isaias Vallejo
- How to learn to accept playtesters’ feedback
- “If you ignore all feedback and advice, you will fail. If you twist and contort your designs to follow all feedback, you will fail. Listen to your advisors, and weigh their words of wisdom. But you have to make the final decisions, you have to provide the vision.” - Kevin Wilson
Cardboard Edison is supported by our patrons on Patreon.
SENIOR INVENTORS: Steven Cole, John du Bois, Richard Durham, Matthew O’Malley, Isaias Vallejo
JUNIOR INVENTORS: Stephen B Davies, Luis Lara, Behrooz Shahriari, Aidan Short, Jay Treat
ASSOCIATES: Robert Booth, Zachery Cook, Doug Levandowski, Nathan Miller, Marcel Perro
APPRENTICE: Gino Brancazio, Scott Gottreu, JR Honeycutt, Brad Price